Saturday, March 20, 2010

The List Begins....things I'll miss






This post would have been easier to write yesterday, when it was very sunny and unseasonably warm. Today will have to do, back to cool and cloudy. Yes, I know...I have written way to much about weather during our stay in Canada. That is why it will be at the top of the list of "things I'll miss about Canada".

Having spent most of my life in places where the only seasons are hot and...not as hot, green and...brown, humid and...a little less humid. I have found it very refreshing to live in a place with more than 2 seasons.

I now know what it is like to:

-be knee deep in snow, in my own yard, for months
-live where winter means months instead of days of temperatures below freezing
-see the first hints of spring and anticipate the long awaited arrival of spring
-see the rivers of water produced by "the melt"
-have beautiful flowering trees in my yard, lilacs, magnolias, and cherries to name a few
-have a summer that means months of "patio season"!
-to have the shortest of days in the dead of winter and the longest of days in the summer
-to live in a place where it is a pleasure to work outside in the yard in the summer instead of a chore
-see the trees turn the most vibrant colors in the fall

I could go on but you get the picture. Seasons have been one of the best parts of living in Canada to me. I guess I am just a sucker for change.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...