Monday, March 29, 2010

Holy Week Journey

Yesterday was Palm Sunday. I went to mass and had a lot of time to think. I could not help but draw a few parallels between this Holy Week and my week. I know my journey is insignificant in comparison but it is my journey.

Our priest was talking about the journey Jesus took to death only to come to new life and that is when it hit me. That is exactly what I am doing this week. In a way one life is dying and at the end of this journey I hope to rise to a new life. We say goodbye to this life we have known for the past two years and it is not an easy trip. So I am carrying my cross in the form of boxes, disorder, goodbyes, many endings, a very long drive south and living out of a suitcase....with a very confused dog in tow for the next week.

At the end of this journey we will be reborn in another place and yet another life. From the darkness of this week to the light of Easter.....and Sugar Land.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...