Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ending Where We Began

Two years ago our Canadian adventure was prefaced by a family ski trip to Park City, Utah. Last week we went back for the first time in 2 years. There must be something about taking a vacation before facing packing and moving that makes it all a little more palatable. Let me stick my head in the sand, or in this case the snow, and forget for a while what I need to do in the next month. I'm back home now and the reality is setting in, but it sure was nice to play for a week!



Katie and I enjoying a little break and a lot of sun!

We had a great week and great weather. Not the most snow we've ever had but still good to ski on. Three out of four kids showed up for part of the week and TJ made it for a few days too. My bummed knee survived the skiing and held me up pretty good, whoo hoo! Being there for a week allowed us to do a few different things too. This year we tried snowshoeing and went tubing. The snowshoeing was awesome! I admit, I was huffing and puffing a bit, but enjoyed every minute. Being outside in the fresh air and sunshine was great.

Kelly found a little powder at the bottom of the hill. She did this on purpose after shoeing down a steep hill, like a pro I might add.



The snowshoeing path, so peaceful.

It was nice to get back home for a couple of weeks before the move. Going away is nice but being home is nice too. I think the next few blogs should focus on things I have enjoyed while living in Canada. For now, I think I'll go empty a few drawers and closets of things I don't want to unpack at the other end!

P.S. Spring is here! I love it!








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...