Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day 2009 vs. Valentine's Day 2008


In Times Square with Rick and Patti

Central Park





If how one day in a year is spent determines how the rest of the year will be then this year should be a better year than last year. TJ reminded me today, on our way home from New York City that this year's Valentine's Day. was much better than last year's. I agree wholeheartedly.


Last year on Feb. 14 I was in the hospital waiting for surgery, my husband in Newfoundland and my good friend, Valerie, at the foot of my bed. I had not eaten or had anything to drink for over a day and felt pretty miserable, except for the excellent pain meds I was on.


This year on Feb. 14 I was in New York City with TJ and our friends Rick and Patti. We started the day with a nice breakfast and a walk in Central Park. We strolled through the Plaza Hotel, beautiful chandeliers and flower arrangements. We met for lunch and then saw the matinee of Billy Elliot on Broadway! An excellent show, such talent! After the show we went down to Greenwich Village, had a pre dinner drink and then a lovely dinner at the Cornelia St. Cafe. Ohhhh, the dinner. YUM! Glad we managed to walk our 14,000 steps that day, according to Patti's pedometer. I'll take that day over last year any time! It is good to have perspective sometimes, isn't it?


New York- lots of people, so much to see, so much to do, always something going on. The city that never sleeps. We had sunny skies and enjoyed just being outside and soaking up the city. As TJ said, if this is any indication of how the rest of the year will go, then it is going to be a great year. Let's hope he is right.


1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm glad it was such a great Valentine's Day, Mom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...