Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Different September



September is the month that life gets back to a schedule. It is when the kids go back to school and we have to drive slowly through 3 school zones just to get somewhere in the morning or the afternoon. It is when football season starts and Saturday becomes my favorite day of the week again. When the new shows start on TV and my DVR gets used again. It's the month in some places that the weather starts to change, don't get me started! For me, this September is the first one in my life that I did not have to come home from vacation to get myself or one of my kids back in school or to get myself back to a job. Does that mean I am getting old? Don't answer that!

I find myself in a most peculiar situation. Idle. Some people would welcome this position with open arms. I appreciate that. I am not a person who is very good with "idle". Don't they say , "Idle hands are the devil's workshop."? This could be trouble. This is a turning point of sorts in my life. Time to make a decision. What to do with the rest of my life, or at least the months between September and May. Is there a job that allows me to work when I want, travel as much as I like and is at the same time beneficial to society and my well being?


I find myself trying to decide now whether to go to school or get a job or just do something completely different. I can make lots of excuses not to do anything....I have a lot of traveling coming up, maybe I don't have time for any of this. Should I just find some meaningful volunteer jobs or maybe take a class in computer literacy, french or writing, yea, writing...I could do that! Interesting September. If only the weather would change... like it is supposed to!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...