Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Guess We Will See About That

Before we moved I was re-reading some old posts on my blog and came across this one written in March of last year. Close to the same time of year that we left Toronto this year. At the time we had no idea we would be heading back so soon. Watch out what you wish for ....it just may come true. So here is an bit from that post.


Aside from the stark contrast between spring up here and spring down there, my visit was a great one. I just loved visiting friends and relatives. At one point while I was driving about 75mph on the freeway I had a thought that I could easily slip right back into my life in Houston. Yup, except for the weather ( and mildew, frizzy hair and profuse sweating it produces) it isn't such a bad place. I think the fact that I have friends and relatives there may have something to do with it.

We have now moved into our house and I must say it is a lot easier coming back to a place where you are a citizen and especially back to a place you have lived before. I actually know my way around town. I know where to buy groceries, hardware, appliances, and the thousand other things I need to get the house up an running. I still have my bank account from when we lived here before, so that was easy. The rules are the same as they used to be, i.e. recycling. I even have friends and family here. And that Texas license plate that I never changed when we moved is now the right plate! Whoo hoo.

After my dreading missing out on spring, I will reluctantly admit that the last week has been some of the best weather they get here in Houston. The flowers are blooming all over the place and the trees are full of leaves, the breeze is gentle and not too cool and not too hot. Actual patio weather, hurry....go outside and enjoy it while you can!

As far as the house and the move. I am so glad we got rid of sooo much stuff when we moved to Toronto and during our time there. Between the stuff that we sent to the farmhouse and the JUNK that we got rid of over the last 2 years, it has been the easiest move so far. This does not mean that I have everything unpacked by a long shot, but the task does not seem as daunting. I have a lot more junk to get rid of believe me. Moving is a great way to prioritize what is important and what you can live without for 2 years or for that matter for 6 years. Just throw it out, donate it or sigh....bring it to the farmhouse.

Promise to get pictures out soon but for now, picture a lovely house with many boxes in it and stuff not really put where it will ultimately live for the next however long we are here. Gotta go sit outside now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...