Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Give Me The Other Half of My Brain!

What to blog about this week?  That is the question.....  I could talk about Harry Connick Jr.'s awesomeness on American Idol or I could talk about planning the next great Mahoney wedding or maybe I could talk about sharing a brain with one of my sisters or I could just talk about the weather.
First the weather....
Park City, Utah
January 25, 2014
Note the lack of white stuff on the ground!
Back in Baton Rouge, LA,  Houston, TX and Atlanta, Georgia schools were cancelled, stores were closed, cars were sliding all over the icy freeways and people were in major panic mode or celebrating like children because of the snow and ice covering the ground.  When Houston cancels school twice in one winter because of ice and cold you know it is an unusual winter.  There are winters when the temperature does not even dip below freezing.  The world is upside down or at least sideways.

Last year we went on our our ski trip in mid March.  We usually have plenty of snow.  But, last year there wasn't much snow so we decided to plan this year for late January knowing it would be cold as (pick your favorite cold adjective) and there would be plenty of snow.  We plan and God laughs.  We arrived to temperatures in the 40's and no snow to speak of.  Luckily they had a good base on the mountain and we were still able to ski....just not in a foot of fresh powder.

Ahhh, there is some snow!

It was so nice and sunny and warm we sat out at the beach!
We enjoyed our sunny skies and comfortable temperatures...for skiing.  I'm glad we got out for those early days too because by Wednesday it was raining!  Raining in Park City, Utah in January.  Ick!  In all of my years I have never seen it rain there in the winter... I'm sure it does but not on my time!  The rain eventually turned to snow but conditions were not ideal.  We did get to ski on fresh snow Friday, but after being totally spoiled earlier in the week, it felt a lot like work skiing on that last day.  But who is complaining?  Well...maybe just a bit.

My sister and I realized, once again, that we must share a brain.  We have always had an uncanny way of wearing, buying, reading, saying, cooking, or thinking the same things.  We live in separate cities so it's not like we are together all of the time and get this through osmosis.  I am the oldest and she is the youngest.  Inevitably whenever we get together we show up wearing the same thing!

Did I mention how creatively we dress?

She showed up with a blouse she had just bought....I have the same exact one at home.  Definitely not the first time this has happened either!  I'm sure if you checked our closets we have many of the same clothes.  We had to start checking before we got dressed to see what the other was wearing so we did not look like twins....hehe.  I wish!  Aside from our uncanny ability to choose the same clothes we are the most alike of the four sisters.  We are also the ones who get referred to as "capable".  Some people may take this as a compliment but I'm not sure either of us does.  We have two sisters who excel, each in her own field.  We have no long suit but are "capable" of many things.  Maybe we excel at being "capable".  During dinner one night she cracked me up and said, "We share the same brain.... just think how smart we'd be if we had the other half of our brain!"  And then we watched American Idol and formed the Harry Connick Jr. "capable" sisters fan club!

Give me back the other half of my brain!





2 comments:

Carol said...

Lee Ann's comment is hysterical. And, yes, you both excel in capable, which is a VERY high compliment and a trait to be admired and envied. "nuf said.

Lisa said...

Thanks Carol! Yes, we both just cracked up when she said it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...