Thursday, November 21, 2013

Tweet Tweet?!

After you read this my credibility may go down.  I consider myself reasonably capable using social media, some may beg to differ.  I mean, I am able to keep this here blog going, post pictures to the blog, change the background when the urge hits me and use most of the options fairly well. I have a Pintrest account, but will admit I rarely use it.   I am pretty good using Facebook (sometimes too good) and Instagram...unless you saw the last couple of pictures that got accidentally posted sideways.  That was all Instagram's fault!  They went and updated their site and changed the editing choices while I wasn't paying attention.  Ok, maybe it was a little my fault.  But....I have yet to venture into the land of Twitter.

Until last week, on an impulse....I hear that's how it happens to many people, I opened up a Twitter account. I figured it was time for me to see what all the fuss is about....a few years late.  My embarrassing ineptitude was immediately evident!  I unwittingly sent invitations, to join Twitter, to almost everyone in my address book....not once but twice! Sorry about that friends.  I think people are still getting notices and reminders to join... not from me but from the tenacious badgering of Twitter.  FYI, I am not sitting by the computer anxiously waiting for you to join Twitter!  Super embarrassing!


I can now be referred to as.... @lisadmahoney1  
Upon opening my shiny new Twitter account I decided to "follow" a few sites and individuals.  I sat and waited for the informative, smart, witty, sharp barrage of information/tweets to show up.  Maybe I am going about this all wrong.  What I did get were a few emails from long lost friends accepting or rejecting my Twitter invitations.  I'm going to just count that as a "win" since I got to hear from a few friends I would not ordinarily hear from.  Every time I run into a friend or acquaintance who is in my address book they mention the Twitter invitation and usually they follow up with, "I don't really do Twitter, I have no idea how to do it, or why I would need/want it."  Me either!

As far as my Twittering...well, I just don't get it yet.  What can I say that I already haven't said on Facebook, or Instagram or here on the blog...and who cares?  Does anyone need or want to hear anything else from me?  I heard that!
Signed,
Swimming in the Deep End Without a Life Jacket

2 comments:

Carol said...

Well I can't even post a comment to your blogs successfully, so you're singing to the choir! And I loved your sign-off. It describes me on a daily basis to a T! Good thing I am not only a strong swimmer, but an endurance athlete by nature. Whew. Cute blog. Good luck with Twitter @lisadmahoney.

TomW said...

I really enjoyed your post.

Unlike you, though, I do not feel I do that good with social media in general. I feel that the experiences I would like to share are best presented with many words & at least one picture. That is why I like to blog as opposed to anything else.

While I have a Facebook presence, my posts are usually limited to "see Spot run" type comments.

I can't see a Twitter account in my near-future.

Tom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...