Thursday, January 7, 2010

Rain, Shine, Sleet or Snow

On Tuesday I was driving to a meeting, through the snow down the slippery streets and saw something that just baffles me. It was well below freezing and snowing.....and there she was, a mom taking a run pushing her running stroller with her child inside the stroller, covered by the plastic sheet of course. What was her thought process on this one? "Oh, look it's snowing, I guess I'll go out for a run...and take the baby. Maybe we can both wipe out on the icy sidewalk!" Or, maybe they were both just tired of being inside and getting a little cabin fever so they needed a little airing out.
I am constantly amazed in the winter up here to what lengths people will go to in order to get their excercise. Last night on my drive home there they were...the Running Room group taking their nightly run, all in dark clothing, on the slushy street in the sub freezing temps. That is dedication.
It is times like these that make me thankful for my hot yoga classes, inside and very warm!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...