Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wine and flowers




Last weekend we had a visit from a couple who we usually meet in NYC once a year. They decided to visit Toronto for a change. We got to be tourists for the weekend and had a great time.

Friday we went downtown and toured St. Lawrence Market. Patti and I loved it! Tons of fresh meats and fish. Fresh local vegetables and fruits. A culinary playground. Patti is a great cook so I thought this would be fun for her. I would love to be able to go here once or twice a month and pick up some good stuff to cook throughout the month.

We walked a lot that day and in the end decided instead of going out to dinner we would go back to the market and pick up some food to cook for dinner. It worked out great. We had Alaskan Black Cod, fresh french style green beans, roasted multi colored carrots and fresh baked bread. Everything was so good and fresh. Plus Patti is such a creative cook.

Saturday we went down to Niagra-on-the-Lake. First we toured a few wineries on the way. Small world situation, we met the owner of Rosewood Winery and she is a neighbor, plus she is the PT who subbed for mine and worked on my knee once. She literally lives 2 blocks away from us. She was very hospitible and we all enjoyed their wines. We stayed in a nice B&B and had dinner out and saw a play at the Shaw Festival. Niagra-on-the-Lake is such a beautiful little town. The flowers were breathtaking. The pictures may not do them justice but they are definitely a highlight.

Rick and Patti left on Sunday, TJ and I drove to Niagra Falls. It was raining so the falls were not as beautiful as they were the first time I saw them. All in all it was a fun weekend.


On Tuesday I interviewed to start working for Weight Watchers again. It will be different working in Canada and learning the subtle differences up here from the program and procedures in the states. I am looking forward to getting out and into the meeting room again. I need more human contact to keep me going. This will hopefully give me some networks to build on. We shall see.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...