Friday, January 12, 2024

Marketing, Marketing, Marketing

As I returned something to Amazon today, I had a thought...yeah, it happens now and then.  Our easy return choice happens to be going to Whole Foods to return.  Simple and quick...sorta!

There was a steady stream of people coming in and going out of the side entrance/exit with packages to return or ones they had picked up from Amazon.  I thought to myself, "Amazon has created a gathering space!".  There is a constant flow of people in and out and they (Whole Foods) have capitalized on the situation by setting the return space next to the ready-made food section and the bakery.  They are no fools!  "Come on in and return your package and while you are here, please buy some yummy cookies or maybe some delicious bread.  We have also prepared some tasty soups, salads and main dishes for you to take away!  You know you don't want to cook tonight!".  This is what beckons you as you wait a couple of minutes to get your phone scanned, turn around and attempt to leave but get distracted.

After I quickly returned my goods, I just had to peruse the produce section of the store to see what they had that my much more affordable Kroger did not have.  Well...I fell prey to the sample of clementines.  I tasted one and they were delicious!  Yes, I bought a bag of clementines that TJ and I will be eating until the end of the month!  Once home I ate 2! and they were both just as good as the one in the store.  Maybe I just needed some vitamin C!

Anyway...the genius who came up with Amazon return at Whole Foods should get a pat on the back because I not only appreciated the easy return process, I bought clementines and some yummy granola.  And...I will probably be back next week...for more produce or to return more stuff from Amazon!

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...