Thursday, February 28, 2019

Appreciate Where You Are

I'm ready to move...or go on another vacation!  I have forgotten what the sun looks like and my feet are beginning to web together.  The sidewalks are blackish green, moldy and super slippery.  I haven't played golf in a very long time, the only exercise I've been able to get has been done indoors, my hair resembles a Brillo pad and I'm running out of ways to entertain myself indoors!  Can you tell?  I know some of you are up north and it is not golf season but have you seen the sun or a blue sky in the past 2 weeks?  What do they look like?  Can you send pictures? 
Days and days of this....
Speaking of pictures, I resorted to organizing my many photo albums in the study today.  They are now in chronological order.  No idea why it has taken me 8 years to come up with that clever system!  They must have been in some order originally but through the years and flood preparation measures they have gotten quite disorganized.  I just had to look through some many of the albums while I organized and I gotta say....what a great life it's been!  A few questionable hair and fashion choices but they all made sense at the time.

Looking back through the years I have also come to the radical conclusion that I wish I would have appreciated my youth more!  I should have appreciated the body I had... when I had it.  Why was I always so critical of myself?  Why did I always think I needed to lose weight?  If 40 year old Lisa could have seen herself through 60 year old Lisa's eyes she would have been so much happier with her body, her smile, her smooth skin, her bright eyes and all the other things that she took for granted.  Damn!  I say this to myself as much as to anyone out there criticizing themselves.  We all do it!  Why?!  We should really appreciate ourselves more.  To quote one of my sisters, "We will never again be as young as we are today!"  I need to keep reminding myself that 70 year old Lisa is going to look back some day at 60 year old Lisa and say, "I was so young then!" 

Smile for the pictures...you will never be this young again and you look fabulous!   Oh, and if the sun is shining where you are, give thanks and go play outside... I would!
This has been your rainy day public service announcement.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...