Sunday, October 29, 2017

A Night To Remember

From the title you might think this is some romantic date night post....but you would be wrong.  This is about one of the best nights in my life as a sports fan.  I am admittedly a sports junkie.  College football is my favorite sport to watch but post season baseball (college and pro) are a close second.  I love the playoffs, even when "my" team is not playing.  I can waste spend entire Saturdays flipping between two or three college football games from noon until well into the night.  These game days are only made better with the back doors wide open, a  nice pleasant breeze blowing through the house and maybe some good old junk food to top it all off.

Last Saturday was a banner day in my sports world!  The Astros were playing game 7 in the ALCS  here in Houston, LSU was playing Auburn and Notre Dame was playing USC.  These were all big games.  The Astros game was a HUGE game!  The night before when the Astros won game 6, TJ said...on his way to bed, "You should find some tickets to tomorrow's game!".  I promptly scoured the internet and bought two tickets behind home plate.
WAY behind home plate!
I wondered.... for a moment, how I was going to go to the baseball game and watch both of my favorite college football teams.  The ESPN app is a wonderful thing!  I managed to keep up with both of my football teams (who also won that night) and remain engaged in cheering the Astros to victory.  As a fan...being in the sold out stadium for game 7 was a bucket list event.  The adrenaline and collective energy generated by the crowd when the last fly ball was caught for the win was a sports fan's dream come true!  Instead of jumping and screaming in front of my television at home I had thousands of other fans to jump up and down and scream with me! 
#EarnHistory
The Astros are in the World Series and that just doesn't happen every year!  Here is hoping that thousands of other lucky (Astros!) fans get to experience the joy of seeing their team win the big game.  As for me, I will have to watch this one on the television.  Go Astros! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...