Thursday, November 12, 2009

Make pavement while the sun is shining


It appears that November is also the month "they" decide to do road work! As I drive around town, or try to drive around town, I have noticed that there is a huge hurry to get the roads repaired. Surprising to me that "they" had all summer to do this work and now that the threat of snow and ice is looming there are work crews around every corner! I passed 3 on my way to my meeting this afternoon, a 6km drive. Just makes me go "hmmm".

In other news, since my last entry we have had amazing weather....near record highs and probably near record sunshine. Now that I have acknowledged this fact I'm sure we will be in for a week of gray rainy skies. NOOOOO! November is making a liar out of me! Hope it lasts....maybe that is why "they" are working so frantically, the sun is shining!

1 comment:

Elisa @ Globetrotting in Heels said...

They do street work in November? Silly. here they normally do street work in summer, but this years they started WAAAAAAY too many projects. Zurich was one big construction area and there were cranes everywhere!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...