Friday, October 3, 2008

It's a small world

Just a short note today. I had a "moment" on Wednesday that I thought I'd share.
I started the day working from 9-2 training more for WW. The lady who is my mentor is great and we found out that we live relatively close to each other. We get along well and she is just a very pleasant person.
That night I had signed up for a retreat at our church figuring that I could take care of my spiritual side and maybe in the process connect with a few people. I don't really feel like we are part of our church yet so this is an effort to get involved. I reluctantly went by myself and went in to the registration table and registered. I looked up into a room full of people and who should I see there but my mentor from that morning! It was like seeing an angel, a familiar face in a sea of strangers. I was so glad. She was hospitable and introduced me to her friends and now I don't have to go in to a room of strangers next week. What a blessing! It's a small world isn't it? Looking forward to Wednesday nights now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...