Monday, September 28, 2026

Saying Goodbye to the Summer

Here I sit, the rain is falling outside, the temperature is...cool, my bags are packed and I am almost ready for my flight home tomorrow.  Nothing like a dreary day to make leaving easier.  This is the latest I have been at the shore!  September definitely had its benefits.  The light is so different this time of year, and I love it!  There is that glow that makes the colors of fall just pop!  The downside is that the days get exponentially shorter over the month.  I am not a fan of the short days...I much prefer the long sunny nights in June and July.  I am starting to feel like I need to hibernate, especially today!  Time to go home and sweat for another month before the south decides to change seasons.  Maybe it will feel like an endless summer.

Everything is changing color!


September was a nice month; there were still enough people here to keep the social life busy.  One of the best parts of the shore if you ask me!  As we get older, many of us are able to spend more and more time here together and for that I am very thankful.  I am very much reminded of my parents staying up here as long as they possible could in their later years and me at home wondering...what do they do up there with all of us gone home?  Silly me!  They were enjoying life!

As I sit and reflect on the summer, I find myself wondering how it went by so fast!  When I look back, so much happened!  I definitely kept busy, but is that such a great thing?  I feel like I needed a lot more, sit on the beach and chat days than I got.  But I also wanted those golf days and the field trips with the grandkids days and the days spent playing catch up around the farmhouse because of the beach days or the field trips.  Summer at the shore is always a huge reminder that I can't be in more than one place at a time.  Oh, but if I could...  The best I can do for now is to just be where I am, when I am there.  I tried!

I am glad I take a lot of photos!  The photos remind me of all the good, all the busy, all the chaos, all the meals, all the walks, all the family, all the beauty and all the people of the summer.  Every year is different and still the same.  We love summer at the shore!  So yes, I'm a little sad to say "goodbye" but I am also ready to go home relaxed, refocused and ready to enjoy the rest of the year until next summer.  I have a lot waiting for me at home...much of it good and some of it not so good.  More on that later!
The sun sets on another Amherst Shore summer.
Thanks for the memoriesđź’•






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Especially ones about the blog! I don't love it when you use my blog to advertise your website....I know how to use the delete button and I'm not afraid to press it!